google traductor2

TUROK 2 links

geocounter

compteurs pour blog
visits

GRIMM's room

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GRIMM's room

Post by MR_GR1MM on 14th December 2014, 15:32

Hey errybody,

Just though I'd start my own thread for whoever is on the forum. I have been brainstorming with Vis and Ry about ways that we can shed more light on T2 and bring in large amounts of new players. Very soon I will be attending MagFest, which is one of the largest retro videogame conventions in the U.S. and I think I could advertise T2 while I'm there. I plan on posting more about my ideas after Christmas has ended. But for now, here's a screen shot I took of my workstation. I'm installing yet another Turok game on my PC. tongue  and yes, I do realize that I am obsessed with the series lol

avatar
MR_GR1MM

Number of posts : 38
Age : 26
Localisation : USA
Registration date : 2014-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by jag on 14th December 2014, 17:08

where's the screen shot lol
avatar
jag

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2014-04-01

http://jagercondoms.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by MR_GR1MM on 14th December 2014, 23:43

jag wrote:where's the screen shot lol
It's a link to imgur
avatar
MR_GR1MM

Number of posts : 38
Age : 26
Localisation : USA
Registration date : 2014-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by MR_GR1MM on 19th January 2015, 06:14

Wiggy and I are getting ready for the upcoming annual Music and Gaming Festival located at National Harbor in MD! At this retro videogame convention, we will be handing out business cards that have links to an instructional video explaining how to download and config T2 multiplayer! Here is the rough draft:






avatar
MR_GR1MM

Number of posts : 38
Age : 26
Localisation : USA
Registration date : 2014-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by CHIRAC on 19th January 2015, 20:04

gg guys ! good idea!
avatar
CHIRAC
Admin

Number of posts : 1136
Age : 37
Localisation : FRANCE
Registration date : 2009-02-08

http://turok.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by Birdskiller on 19th January 2015, 20:30

yup cool idea mr grim, and good luck guys!

Birdskiller

Number of posts : 1275
Localisation : France
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by MR_GR1MM on 20th January 2015, 01:00

I guess there are a lot of people who are unable to see the links I posted before  Sad ,
I know Vis was one of them, so I am reposting using servimg... Smile

FRONT:


BACK:


And for those of you who have never heard of MAGFest, here's a link!
Arrow http://magfest.org/
avatar
MR_GR1MM

Number of posts : 38
Age : 26
Localisation : USA
Registration date : 2014-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by vis on 20th January 2015, 01:11

Yes, tnx! : )
Those skin textures and color will look impressive on your new cards hehe, from my visual angle (you may say to others: it looks so good, it may bite haha, joking, it will be really unique on that event, I believe), and from objective view: great work, like I said, already, keep pushing things in right directions, ty in name of our small T2 community, if I may!  pirat
avatar
vis

Number of posts : 491
Age : 29
Localisation : Serbia
Registration date : 2012-05-12

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Korlikos/

Back to top Go down

Im In.

Post by i3atur8rainz on 20th January 2015, 18:02

look for me on steam. i make some designs and such as well. im fairly proficient with graphic design, and im on board with getting more players. this game is tiny in file size, and low level graphics can look really good when adjusted to each machine. ive even ran this from a usb stick in the library.

i was even looking into tablet and phone play. touch controls would be.....interesting.
a nintendo emulator lets me play multiplayer, locally with bluetooth controllers.
maybe it can be modified?

on any note, i do think we need to have the folder complete and neat, with readme.txt files and everything. Were all from different countries, so lets use our languages for the readme files. we just need a template and who ever takes up the task uses their native language.

that is also important for the game itself. it needs to be black and white where and how to change language.

the game is also not very protected. people still cheat, you can never tell anymore.

i would also like to propose a modification on player options.
-remove the option to have free will on your name. Pick one name, and thats it.
be able to change that one name (x) times every (x) days perhaps would be good.

the problem, we all can rip this game open to an extent, and so can everyone else that comes by. keep that in mind.

im all for new players, but i dont think were prepared, and im not trying to rain on any parades, im am just aware of certain consequences - skeptical by definition.
avatar
i3atur8rainz

Number of posts : 19
Age : 28
Localisation : CO, USA
Registration date : 2014-03-16

http://ocdt2.bravesites.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by MR_GR1MM on 21st January 2015, 04:41

I understand the cause for concern here. Wiggy and I are very new to the T2 community and I proposed the idea of dishing it out at this convention. Unfortunately, we are ass-deep into the commitment portion, but we have done everything we can to get it available. I agree with Vis in that, we should promote at this convention yearly. So by next year I think we should accomplish everything you've mentioned here. For now, this will be an experiment to see how many new players we can round up (if any). Here is the link to my video, its quick and dirty (as I have been extraordinarily busy this week and threw it together without any plans whatsoever). But it will do for now. I wish I had more time to work on this, but I leave tomorrow for the convention. So wish us luck! Very Happy

avatar
MR_GR1MM

Number of posts : 38
Age : 26
Localisation : USA
Registration date : 2014-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by Wiggy on 21st January 2015, 05:59

Hey i3atur8rainz,

I second GR1MM's sentiments in that while there is potential cause for concern in adding unknown players into the mix (as there are for most mass multiplayer online games), the risk is worth taking at this point.  As it is, the T2 community is slowly dying out and I think gaining some more exposure and adding fresh players back into the mix is much needed.  I agree that this increased exposure doesn't come without risk however, since as you mentioned the community currently has few administrative controls to regulate the game.  However, I think I can speak for both GRIMM and myself by saying that neither of us intend to cause problems for anyone here in the T2 community, and that we are trying to do our best to help the community grow again.  I would like to personally offer my help in any way that I can, especially in resolving any ramifications that may result from our experiment.

I would also have loved to take you up on a better card design since you mentioned that you are proficient in graphic design, but we unfortunately don't have the luxury of time at this point.  I will be taking the printer template based on the final versions of the card (below) to work with me tomorrow so I can print off copies before the convention which starts this Friday.  Amusingly, I did the design for these cards using the Microsoft Snipping Tool (to get the game graphics) and Microsoft Paint.  You could say that these are back-of-the-napkin designed, but all considered I think they look pretty okay.

Here are the final card designs:

FRONT



BACK

avatar
Wiggy

Number of posts : 16
Localisation : USA
Registration date : 2014-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by vis on 21st January 2015, 12:11

Well, first I agree with Oni, we are not ready (i, myself, not ready mental, cos many my problems with certain people in T2) : for more trash-talkers and cheaters, but like wiggy said we have time to adapt how people coming (1 year period, until we try again same), if they will coming, so we do anti measures too... I really hope that true fans will come only. And not feel any guilty if something goes wrong, wiggy, grim, you are pioneers in this new T2 advertising method and we all support it, knowing what can happened on best or worse case.

Second, If I may, wiggy, grim, respecting your effort you 2 put in making video and all, and even what you 2 need to do more in incoming days, on fest, I wish to say, objective: Cards are excellent, video is ok (some errors) and i believe you two will have smile for five (when you sharing cards on magfest, during advertising: ). So all on end should be solid 4 plus (very good). Continue, friends, and i believe, we should see some progress after magfest : )
avatar
vis

Number of posts : 491
Age : 29
Localisation : Serbia
Registration date : 2012-05-12

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Korlikos/

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by Wiggy on 22nd January 2015, 00:20

Okay final update before Magfest:

There was a mistake in the link to GRIMM's video on the last version of the cards, so I had to fix it, and I decided to make a few small changes to the back of the card design while I was at it.  Below is the FINAL version of the T2 business card back:



Also, here's a link to a picture of the print template that I will be using to print these out if anyone is interested in seeing that as well:
http://i38.servimg.com/u/f38/19/03/11/38/t2_car10.jpg

I've already done several test print runs, and the cards turned out rather well.  All that's left to do is print the remaining cards with the updated version of the card back and we should be all set!

Very Happy:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
avatar
Wiggy

Number of posts : 16
Localisation : USA
Registration date : 2014-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by MR_GR1MM on 25th January 2015, 18:49

Just a quick update on the MAGFest situation; we have currently handed out over 200 of our promo cards and have just about over 100 left to go. Everyone that we spoken to about Turok has been really enthusiastic about our attempt to revive the T2 community! We will see later on this week just how many people actually join, as we still need to give everyone a chance to return to their homes from the convention. I have a strong feeling that our business cards will stick out in peoples minds because we handed them out while we were in cosplay costumes Very Happy :

http://popcultureuncovered.com/2015/01/24/magfest-cosplay/
avatar
MR_GR1MM

Number of posts : 38
Age : 26
Localisation : USA
Registration date : 2014-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by MR_GR1MM on 25th January 2015, 18:52

*we are the ones dressed as reptile and scorpion*
avatar
MR_GR1MM

Number of posts : 38
Age : 26
Localisation : USA
Registration date : 2014-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by Ry on 26th January 2015, 04:28

Alrighty. Someone told me abotu this thread, so I decided to pop in. I heard about the cards being passed out from you Grimm and there were problems from the uncompleted conversation that day, which I can see it doesn't matter now, but another problem is Hector, which you and Wiggy are not completely familiar with.

Hector = Biggest cheater on this game since Day 1. He's gone as far as even using proxies, VPNs (Ways to hide/mask your real IP address.)

Here's a screen from yesterday. I was hanging out in CrazyTrain's server to see if CT would pop in. Hector joined, I fragged him, so he deleted his Death, added one frag and maxed Pain Limit. Lol.


Until the remaining current server hosts start doing what's best for the game and not themselves so that their server looks big, then there's no point in bringing in new players.

If 300 people were to join and be active, it's only going to lead back to the days of trainers being passed around and used, because as long as Hector exists, trainers will be shared to prevent this little shithead from cheating against them, as it's clear there's a refusal on the rest of the current server hosts from removing him.
Hector pays to hide his IP on the internet and these IPs come in from Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, America, etc and there's multiple IPs.

I do appreciate the work you've both done, as I did with Assdigger's work too before you two tried yourselves, but like you three, I tried myself and that was during the days of when GameSpy was working and even back then by trying to get this place active and it didn't work. This game is dead now. 95% have moved on from it.

If Turok: Rage Wars was made for the computer, I think it would still be active, even to this day. Some of us were discussing this the other day. Classics around the time such as Quake and Unreal Tournament continue to exist with a good amount of players. I think that would catch on as a project, but I wouldn't have a clue about how to go about that type of stuff. There are Nintendo 64 texture projects on the internet that may be able to help with that type of stuff and possibly take what's there and some how structure it into a PC version. I don't know.
I know you talked about N64 online gaming. That would be a better approach in my opinion with Turok: Rage Wars.

I've seen how these things turn out, as have those who were around before GameSpy died. On the plus side to new players who speak Spanish, Hector will be willing to share all his crap with them, so yeah, that's what we need again, more TROPA DE ELITEs...


I'm not trying to put you two down for what you've done. I'm just putting everything into a realistic view.
Now Hectard joined back. Great. Hopefully if CT gets on, he can ban him, but he turns all his shit off when the server owner is there. Lol.
Great costumes. Reptile's always been my fav. ;P Adios.
avatar
Ry

Number of posts : 3416
Localisation : ryliveshere@gmail.com
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by jag on 26th January 2015, 15:44

Ry wrote:
Hector = Biggest cheater on this game since Day 1. He's gone as far as even using proxies, VPNs (Ways to hide/mask your real IP address.)

Until the remaining current server hosts start doing what's best for the game and not themselves so that their server looks big, then there's no point in bringing in new players.

I'm not trying to put you two down for what you've done. I'm just putting everything into a realistic view.
Now Hectard joined back. Great. Hopefully if CT gets on, he can ban him, but he turns all his shit off when the server owner is there. Lol.
Great costumes. Reptile's always been my fav. ;P Adios.

Crazy would  ban him, but It's hard to ban someone who has 10 different ip ranges and 100 ips...
Vis always want to give him a chance lol.. I can't host for now because of my connection, but I can get a new connection if
i see many players... Good Luck guys. I work at nights (on hector time) so I can't protect / keep an eye on my server so often.. but in the past there
was a program called t2sm (alpha.exe & beta.exe) made by wargod. with that program you could remote login by the console
"login iamturok" and just type ban berseker, lock the server, put the max ping, make vips, playerlist etc... that  program didn't work after 2009 i think because it could not update itself... maybe our hacker boy, basber can do a similar program.
there are many players who can see when hector starts to cheat so they could remote login and ban him.. or even the reason why ban him could be just hector even no cheats lol
avatar
jag

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2014-04-01

http://jagercondoms.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by vis on 26th January 2015, 17:06

There is part of forum where first half of ry's and whole your post, jag,  belong, it is section about cheaters... : O

Now about my view: if comes 1 % of those 300, 3 person and one talks Spanish and one likes cheats and one is true fun, it is still progress, and not means that we can't teach cheater to respects us, and no means that latino guy will not have brain and not able to see more things after he see all sides of T2, even hector will be negative person in this story, and for 3th guy who likes T2, let's say, he played on n64 or single player, I will not have any doubt in his honest actions, he will be most welcomed , like was grim and wiggy, on GoT server. Yes, Ilpo, I give hector a lot, and I can teal about him, that he is not 'sh.thead' he is just smart kid's that not understand others and his growing in T2, from when he was just 8 y, to now, full 14 y, he was in time when people used tranner program to deal with each others, dark time, which ruined game a lot, time which makes ry's post so negative, time from which hector learned that all is allowed, so he now developed auto aim program that he use if he thinks that other people using cheats, to be 'fair match on end' ... Sad.
Other's no need to worry, he can't play on my server, with other players, until we find cure for his hate, he staying suspended. And to say final, respecting that we here should keep high spirit and honor work that others doing instead us: Please, continue to keep this game alive, game is alive, tnx to good people who will always find own way to other good people, please, not think with my, ry's or any other head, use own, and learn more, respect and continue to be kid in your gamer soul, which enjoying in this old, unique game with other kids, in own souls! Freedom is core of fun! Be free, here in T2!
cheers  Thanks!

Special game in my heart is rage wars too, I am glad that so many people, here, like it. If I may, maybe in near or far future , we could see it here, on pc, tnx to work of some talented 'hackers' , smart people which could do it, I wish them a lot of luck and that they hone own programing skill up, try this retro game : ), definitely it will be challenge, but on end of they sacrifice, we could get more freedom in gameplay, so we maybe find us, in something that is very similar to original rage wars feel and we playing it with familiar people, on pc in some 2016/7/8 year ; -) Would be great, a!?
Special TY to vg and kubpica too. Keep good work, all guys! Cu in game.
avatar
vis

Number of posts : 491
Age : 29
Localisation : Serbia
Registration date : 2012-05-12

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Korlikos/

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by Birdskiller on 26th January 2015, 21:28

you started this game AFTER hector vis, u werent there in years 2008/2011 and so you are wrong again.

hector did cheat from the beginning, first using the camera command, then cheating with high speed by messing with his connection.
there werent so much cheat at his time i assure you.

it then turnt a little silly i admit, somewhere around 2010 i guess with much trainer spreading, but he was cheating already, and he always will, believing opposite is naivety in best case lol

a program like t2sm (allow specific players to have admin rights) is a possibility, i dont think it's needed, basically for sth i already said many times : hector dont cheat, and wont even enter if admin is there, and if admin clearly stated he is not wanted in the server.

i highly doubt he will join your server ry when you're there; he wouldnt join vis server for same reasons if vis was clearer on this topic, and he  didnt (wont) join mine or jag or jeff if we were (are) there. About ct server, same old problem : crazy rarely in.

solution is then several players who are able to host, admin properly, and of course totally CLEAR about the cheater. it's not that complicated seriously.

accepting hector means many players wont join the server, so at one point it's a choice about who you want to keep, or not, in the game.

Birdskiller

Number of posts : 1275
Localisation : France
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by Ry on 27th January 2015, 06:20

From what I remember, Hector went from using cameraoffset, to making his ping high from downloading to teleport around the map, to using a program that sped his computer, then he got a trainer from Bad Lizard when he put them up for download in the GameSpy server list, then that's when it all went to Hell. Over time he learnt how to create his own cheats.

The picture of Bad Lizard uploading the trainers is somewhere in the picture thread. Bad Santa uploaded it.

We don't need an admin program. Just need to range ban his ISP and whatever company he chooses to hide his IP. It's not hard to get in the information. I got it all at the moment if anyone wants it.

Crazy told me he didn't want to ban Hector because the game is dead enough as it is and he said he sees him play normal. It would take a while to add all those IP ranges to a firewall though.

It's true what Birdskiller said. Accepting Hector would mean players won't join a server. Azface, Bad Lizard and Hooligan can't join CT's server anymore because of it. Hector will join them and he'll screw things up for them. Azface hasn't seen Hooligan in a month now, so he may have quit because of this.



vis wrote:he is not 'sh.thead' he is just smart kid's that not understand others and his growing in T2, from when he was just 8 y, to now, full 14 y
You kept telling me he's a "smart man" who is 35+ years old. Now you're claiming he's a kid.

Hector understands exactly what he's doing because he's not only used these cheats, been told not to use them, but he's gone as far as creating them and even dodging bans which he knows why he's banned for.

You kept wanting proof about Hector, you got it and you're still defending him.

vis wrote:please, not think with ry's head
Either you're part of the problem or part of the solution. It's just that simple. Hector's been cheating since 2008 to our recent year of 2015 without a break.

vis wrote:Other's no need to worry, he can't play on my server
Lol. You banned him again? What for this time? Wasn't long ago he was in your server from your screenshot thread.

vis wrote:until we find cure for his hate, he staying suspended
There's no hate. You know better, yet you keep refusing to do what needs to be done, all for the sake of +1 to a player being seen. Suspending Hector won't change him. He couldn't care less if you do ban him because he knows he has access to CT's server, where he can hide on as many names as he wants.



Seriously, anyone can join CT's server as me, purple Turok, yes PURPLE, have a ping of 250-300, wait for a random name to join with 160-170 ping which will be him and just wait for the moment when he starts plasma rifling you 15 times in a row all first hits. He'll join.

I'm done with this circle game of words before it turns into an argument. Anyone who wants Hectard's ranges, feel free to buzz me through email.
Hope things are in a brighter light for you, Grimm.
avatar
Ry

Number of posts : 3416
Localisation : ryliveshere@gmail.com
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by vis on 27th January 2015, 10:36

From who, he was getting cheats, who learned him, why he is tolerated?! So many rhetoric questions.
He not invented early cheats or they not fall from sky. He was 8 y old. I think people shouldn't forgot that fact and keep insult kids, here on this forum. First fact and first fail  for any1 who wish to judge Hector. More good things, believe or not, his intellect, I  know that many young people on world can't go directly in university. He is talented programmer, 14 y old. That is second fact.
3th fact, is not important for any1, he is good player too, when he not cheating. And last fact, where we all agree, he is cheater and bad for T2 community too! We can talk about that last only, cos is important for T2 future and not lead us in argument.
I will keep saying truth. Hector can't be removed by ip's, if server is opened for all others. Server can be isolated and only filtered IP can go in, only then, he can't join in any moment, by any pro or cheap proxy, cos filtering, and it is possible to remove server from gspylite too, so some persons can see server and some can't at all. But considering fact that new people still coming, we can't do that. Would be great that we have one server for public and one closed, but need multiple host IP's.
avatar
vis

Number of posts : 491
Age : 29
Localisation : Serbia
Registration date : 2012-05-12

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Korlikos/

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by Birdskiller on 27th January 2015, 11:07

vis wrote:From who, he was getting cheats, who learned him, why he is tolerated?! So many rhetoric questions.
He not invented early cheats or they not fall from sky. He was 8 y old. I think people shouldn't forgot that fact and keep insult kids, here on this forum. First fact and first fail  for any1 who wish to judge Hector. More good things, believe or not, his intellect, I  know that many young people on world can't go directly in university. He is talented programmer, 14 y old. That is second fact.
3th fact, is not important for any1, he is good player too, when he not cheating. And last fact, where we all agree, he is cheater and bad for T2 community too! We can talk about that last only, cos is important for T2 future and not lead us in argument.
I will keep saying truth. Hector can't be removed by ip's, if server is opened for all others. Server can be isolated and only filtered IP can go in, only then, he can't join in any moment, by any pro or cheap proxy, cos filtering, and it is possible to remove server from gspylite too, so some persons can see server and some can't at all. But considering fact that new people still coming, we can't do that. Would be great that we have one server for public and one closed, but need multiple host IP's.
age isn't any excuse on this topic vis - guress you're right about insults thou.

avenger did cheat at beginning when he was a kid, sth like 10 years later (or nearly) he still does.

i can understand if a kid who cheated for a "small" time (lets say some months) changes finally his mind.

there isnt any hope with the two guys mentionned because :
1) they have mega-giga ego
2) obviously total lack of education (about insults, you should have check hector blog, or another one where he was allowed to insult to)
3) they clearly enjoy pissing ppl off with their stuff, i even believe thats their main goal in life (how great lol)

ry talked about ppl who dont join anymore the game, i can say the same, you wont ever see me in a server where he is allowed, i'm not gonna argue forever in a server like some players do/did

so it's not a problem of "suspended" or not and until when, but to take action. I know it's hard to ban him bout ips, but i still say words are enough with him : some kind of "decence" he has, not joining a server when hes not wanted in.

Birdskiller

Number of posts : 1275
Localisation : France
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by jag on 27th January 2015, 11:15

1- I found him on the facebook via email and he was not 14yo. these are not facts man.
would be more easy to understand this kind of cheating if he actually were 14, but he is at least 40 years old kid. a 8 year old cheater with uber speed hacks lol, that's a good joke, they can't even get in a wall or use cameraoffset at this age
avatar
jag

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2014-04-01

http://jagercondoms.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by vis on 27th January 2015, 11:25

It is exactly half of my point, they can't go in walls without bad example, without other bad people to teach them. And facebook is what he make, mate. Fact is that I have ss and chat log where I and he talking, and he spontaneous talks how his mather calling him, how he must study for his univeritety... It is not fake. I used your 'finding' that he is old man to amuse Ry, when we was talked in late hours, for sake of joking. Ry was get joke serius : I
avatar
vis

Number of posts : 491
Age : 29
Localisation : Serbia
Registration date : 2012-05-12

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Korlikos/

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by vis on 27th January 2015, 11:36

And hector is only person who make first anti cheat program, for which I , jeff and sebas can say that it works, for basic cheats, but only for 2 person on server. So I said to Ry that it is not complited/functional, and I and Ry was make same error, by forcing Hector to show us it or we will bann him, so we give him part of reason for hate. That is fact too. I was really stupid and I am sorry cos that.
avatar
vis

Number of posts : 491
Age : 29
Localisation : Serbia
Registration date : 2012-05-12

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Korlikos/

Back to top Go down

Re: GRIMM's room

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum