google traductor2

TUROK 2 links


geocounter

compteurs pour blog
visits

Problem with hosting a T2 Server on a Netbook - Linux

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with hosting a T2 Server on a Netbook - Linux

Post by kBg*Chaser on 24th December 2011, 18:35

First of all Merry Xmas!

I got a problem trying to get my Turok Server running on my netbook.
I know there are some Linux Pros out there may know that Wink

Environment:
Netbook (Eee PC)
Linux: Ubuntu 11.10 -> 3.0.0-14-generic Kernel
using the WLAN-Interface

Problem:
The server runs fine. Its accessible from LAN. But nobody can join the server from the internet.
Router-firewall is well configured, we can pass that out. For testing purpose i allowed all incoming connections in iptables, so acutally that also should not be the problem. (i think so?)

When i start the gamemanager i get this:
Connected to Rtime Server @ -> 192.168.2.11:12800
Sending heartbeats to -------> 69.10.30.248:27900
Accepting queries @ ---------> 127.0.1.1:12888
Startup successful. Game: "Turok 2 Server". Mode: "Team Rok Match".

-> RT_Log:
...
Creating RT Object Module...
Allocated space for 1 client-owned and 160 server-owned objects.
Allocated space for 0 client-owned strings.

Create the RT Message Module
Allocated space for 450 message metric structures.
Allocated space for 11 message recovery structures.
Allocated space for 11 message history structures.
Local IP resolved to 127.0.1.1.

Creating RT License Manager Module...
Created TCP connection to RTIME server 192.168.2.11 on port 12801
clt_FindFreeUdpPort: port 2010 available

RTIME SERVER VERSION NUMBER -> 03.42.04
server udp port is 53795
Created UDP connection to RTIME server 192.168.2.11, local port 2010, remote port 53795
rt_PingEngineIP: server ip 192.168.2.11, port 12801, ping_cnt 5
PING - server time 56060, client time 56060
PING - server time 56060, client time 56060
PING - server time 56060, client time 56060
PING - server time 56060, client time 56061
PING - server time 56061, client time 56061
Ping Server Latency Result --> 0
client time: 56061, perceived net time: 56061

DISCONNECT PING.
client to server latency is 0
__________________________________________________________________

My LAN-IP adresse is 192.168.2.11.
I think this line could cause the problem, as i know on my working systems theres everytime the LAN-IP at this place:
Local IP resolved to 127.0.1.1 ->> Accepting queries @ ---------> 127.0.1.1:12888

Does anybody know how to tell my system "use the LAN-IP adresse"?

kBg*Chaser

Number of posts : 45
Age : 27
Localisation : Germany
Registration date : 2011-03-06

http://www.kbg-clan.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with hosting a T2 Server on a Netbook - Linux

Post by Sniffa Tha Hud on 24th December 2011, 20:57

kBg*Chaser wrote:First of all Merry Xmas!

I got a problem trying to get my Turok Server running on my netbook.
I know there are some Linux Pros out there may know that Wink

Environment:
Netbook (Eee PC)
Linux: Ubuntu 11.10 -> 3.0.0-14-generic Kernel
using the WLAN-Interface

Problem:
The server runs fine. Its accessible from LAN. But nobody can join the server from the internet.
Router-firewall is well configured, we can pass that out. For testing purpose i allowed all incoming connections in iptables, so acutally that also should not be the problem. (i think so?)

When i start the gamemanager i get this:
Connected to Rtime Server @ -> 192.168.2.11:12800
Sending heartbeats to -------> 69.10.30.248:27900
Accepting queries @ ---------> 127.0.1.1:12888
Startup successful. Game: "Turok 2 Server". Mode: "Team Rok Match".

-> RT_Log:
...
Creating RT Object Module...
Allocated space for 1 client-owned and 160 server-owned objects.
Allocated space for 0 client-owned strings.

Create the RT Message Module
Allocated space for 450 message metric structures.
Allocated space for 11 message recovery structures.
Allocated space for 11 message history structures.
Local IP resolved to 127.0.1.1.

Creating RT License Manager Module...
Created TCP connection to RTIME server 192.168.2.11 on port 12801
clt_FindFreeUdpPort: port 2010 available

RTIME SERVER VERSION NUMBER -> 03.42.04
server udp port is 53795
Created UDP connection to RTIME server 192.168.2.11, local port 2010, remote port 53795
rt_PingEngineIP: server ip 192.168.2.11, port 12801, ping_cnt 5
PING - server time 56060, client time 56060
PING - server time 56060, client time 56060
PING - server time 56060, client time 56060
PING - server time 56060, client time 56061
PING - server time 56061, client time 56061
Ping Server Latency Result --> 0
client time: 56061, perceived net time: 56061

DISCONNECT PING.
client to server latency is 0
__________________________________________________________________

My LAN-IP adresse is 192.168.2.11.
I think this line could cause the problem, as i know on my working systems theres everytime the LAN-IP at this place:
Local IP resolved to 127.0.1.1 ->> Accepting queries @ ---------> 127.0.1.1:12888

Does anybody know how to tell my system "use the LAN-IP adresse"?

U are going to have to tell the gm the right ip addie of the server it should b accepting queries at the same ip that the server is running on
avatar
Sniffa Tha Hud

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with hosting a T2 Server on a Netbook - Linux

Post by kBg*Chaser on 24th December 2011, 21:55

You mean this line?
;;; SERVERIP
;;; The IP address of the RTime server. Typically, this will be the same as
;;; the IP address of the GameManager, so if it is left undefined, the GameManager's
;;; IP address will be used. However, if the RTime server is running at a
;;; different IP address (e.g., on a different machine), it must be specified here.
;;; Values: An IP address.
;;; Default: None.
ServerIP=

Thats what i did
ServerIP=192.168.2.11
Smile

kBg*Chaser

Number of posts : 45
Age : 27
Localisation : Germany
Registration date : 2011-03-06

http://www.kbg-clan.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with hosting a T2 Server on a Netbook - Linux

Post by Sniffa Tha Hud on 24th December 2011, 23:57

kBg*Chaser wrote:You mean this line?
;;; SERVERIP
;;; The IP address of the RTime server. Typically, this will be the same as
;;; the IP address of the GameManager, so if it is left undefined, the GameManager's
;;; IP address will be used. However, if the RTime server is running at a
;;; different IP address (e.g., on a different machine), it must be specified here.
;;; Values: An IP address.
;;; Default: None.
ServerIP=

Thats what i did
ServerIP=192.168.2.11
Smile

u need to figure out y its accepting heartbeats at the wrong ip then
avatar
Sniffa Tha Hud

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with hosting a T2 Server on a Netbook - Linux

Post by Sniffa Tha Hud on 24th December 2011, 23:58

Sniffa Tha Hud wrote:
kBg*Chaser wrote:You mean this line?
;;; SERVERIP
;;; The IP address of the RTime server. Typically, this will be the same as
;;; the IP address of the GameManager, so if it is left undefined, the GameManager's
;;; IP address will be used. However, if the RTime server is running at a
;;; different IP address (e.g., on a different machine), it must be specified here.
;;; Values: An IP address.
;;; Default: None.
ServerIP=

Thats what i did
ServerIP=192.168.2.11
Smile

u need to figure out y its accepting heartbeats at the wrong ip then

Queries
avatar
Sniffa Tha Hud

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with hosting a T2 Server on a Netbook - Linux

Post by kBg*Chaser on 25th December 2011, 13:22

Yup, thats the reason i posted that here. lol
Very Happy

kBg*Chaser

Number of posts : 45
Age : 27
Localisation : Germany
Registration date : 2011-03-06

http://www.kbg-clan.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with hosting a T2 Server on a Netbook - Linux

Post by Sniffa Tha Hud on 25th December 2011, 20:02

kBg*Chaser wrote:Yup, thats the reason i posted that here. lol
Very Happy

well i havent used much unix since bsd in the 90's but it seems ur network config is a bit off it should not default to the 124 unless the program cant access the internet at all and is useing that as default lan addie i would first dissable the firewall completely and check to see if the firewall redirect is causing the trouble and go from there
avatar
Sniffa Tha Hud

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with hosting a T2 Server on a Netbook - Linux

Post by Birdskiller on 25th December 2011, 22:14

kBg*Chaser wrote:You mean this line?
;;; SERVERIP
;;; The IP address of the RTime server. Typically, this will be the same as
;;; the IP address of the GameManager, so if it is left undefined, the GameManager's
;;; IP address will be used. However, if the RTime server is running at a
;;; different IP address (e.g., on a different machine), it must be specified here.
;;; Values: An IP address.
;;; Default: None.
ServerIP=

Thats what i did
ServerIP=192.168.2.11
Smile

Hello Chasa

i doubt this can solve ur problem...years ago when i got my first router i tried this, didnt work at all.
You're on linux and i must say i dunno shit bout linux, well in case it could help, i did several things on my router configuration to success t2 hosting.

- enabled DMZ
- op^ned ports range 12000-13000, protocols both TCP / UDP

also iyou could make a test : even if we dont see your server, can we join by ip/port?

Birdskiller

Number of posts : 1278
Localisation : France
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with hosting a T2 Server on a Netbook - Linux

Post by kBg*Chaser on 26th December 2011, 14:18

I know its not a firewall problem of my router. I know how to set the right port forwarding or just enalbe the dmz option, thats no problem at all. I have no problems hosting on my notebook or a pc in my Lan(also with linux). Its only that netbook, even when i set all (ip)tables to ACCEPT connections.
Well i think its a hardware issue of my netbook. I got that hardware with windouuuhhss ekkspii Wink and i mean to remember that it didnt work with that os too.
I think the Turok Server is not running on every hardware equal Smile

Thank you guys Smile

kBg*Chaser

Number of posts : 45
Age : 27
Localisation : Germany
Registration date : 2011-03-06

http://www.kbg-clan.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with hosting a T2 Server on a Netbook - Linux

Post by Sniffa Tha Hud on 27th December 2011, 00:05

kBg*Chaser wrote:I know its not a firewall problem of my router. I know how to set the right port forwarding or just enalbe the dmz option, thats no problem at all. I have no problems hosting on my notebook or a pc in my Lan(also with linux). Its only that netbook, even when i set all (ip)tables to ACCEPT connections.
Well i think its a hardware issue of my netbook. I got that hardware with windouuuhhss ekkspii Wink and i mean to remember that it didnt work with that os too.
I think the Turok Server is not running on every hardware equal Smile

Thank you guys Smile

does that netbook run on an x86 or is it one of the arm based ones because turok wont run on the arm based ones
avatar
Sniffa Tha Hud

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with hosting a T2 Server on a Netbook - Linux

Post by kBg*Chaser on 27th December 2011, 14:21

no its an x86, Intel Atom
It runs, just the networking is making trouble.

kBg*Chaser

Number of posts : 45
Age : 27
Localisation : Germany
Registration date : 2011-03-06

http://www.kbg-clan.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with hosting a T2 Server on a Netbook - Linux

Post by Jäger on 30th December 2011, 22:41

Birdskiller wrote:
i dunno shit bout linux
yeah or bout cars or ggs
i dunno about linux either but its from Finland so its the own I support it.
666 messages, orgasm.

Happy New Year ALL santa jocolor drunken Like a Star @ heaven I love you
Hi Chasa
avatar
Jäger

Number of posts : 740
Localisation : BS
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with hosting a T2 Server on a Netbook - Linux

Post by Sniffa Tha Hud on 31st December 2011, 02:32

kBg*Chaser wrote:no its an x86, Intel Atom
It runs, just the networking is making trouble.

then put xp home on it
avatar
Sniffa Tha Hud

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with hosting a T2 Server on a Netbook - Linux

Post by Sniffa Tha Hud on 31st December 2011, 02:33

Sniffa Tha Hud wrote:
kBg*Chaser wrote:no its an x86, Intel Atom
It runs, just the networking is making trouble.

then put xp home on it

or windows me its light or micro xp with comodo firewall micro xp is smaller than 98
avatar
Sniffa Tha Hud

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with hosting a T2 Server on a Netbook - Linux

Post by Sniffa Tha Hud on 31st December 2011, 02:35

Sniffa Tha Hud wrote:
Sniffa Tha Hud wrote:
kBg*Chaser wrote:no its an x86, Intel Atom
It runs, just the networking is making trouble.

then put xp home on it

or windows me its light or micro xp with comodo firewall micro xp is smaller than 98

i can hit u with micro xp if u want it

just run it with comodo firewall
avatar
Sniffa Tha Hud

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with hosting a T2 Server on a Netbook - Linux

Post by kBg*Chaser on 26th January 2012, 21:26

Ah Okay thanks Sniffa LOL but i think i stay on linux and like i wrote did a windows xp not help, same network problem before, just to finish that Wink
I think i found my own solution. Im not hosting at all, cause i dont have time anyways atm Very Happy Very Happy

kBg*Chaser

Number of posts : 45
Age : 27
Localisation : Germany
Registration date : 2011-03-06

http://www.kbg-clan.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with hosting a T2 Server on a Netbook - Linux

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum