turok 2 online forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
twitch live
google traductor2

TUROK 2 links

geocounter

compteurs pour blog
visits
Win 7 World State time out ?rvb=%23000000&texte=%23FFFFFF&hauteur=155&largeur=120&afficher=all

Win 7 World State time out

+2
Birdskiller
Checka
6 posters

Go down

Win 7 World State time out Empty Win 7 World State time out

Post by Checka 7th November 2011, 15:32

Hi

I just downloaded T2 an tried to play it, but everytime I join a server(with at least 1 player inside), the game "freezes"(better: locks up without doing anything) with the "world state request time out".
I can join an empty server, or host my own without problems. I tried using the compatibility Mode(I use Win 7), or run the .exe as Administrator, neither worked and it crashes even before being able to choose anything. Shutting down my Firewalls didn't help. I tried two different T2 versions(the MP only from this side, and a full version, both patched to v1,04).

I use an UMTS-Stick to gain access to the internet, this could be a problem for whatever reasons, and I can't test any other Internet connection until friday, so this might be my last resort.

A few question more or less off topic:
Did anyone release a Resolution Changer? I know many people tried to change the ingame resoltion to fit their widescreen, but I haven't seen any solution. I tried Hex-editing the video .dll file, but the game just crashed. Any solutions or already edited .dll files available? I use 1600x900 as resolution.

I can't use the "high detail" option when using the mp-only game provided here (mipmapping is enabled).

Are there any more high-res texture packs? I already got CT's one(an older version, you can't see through fences, not sure if this is fixed yet) and had my own (which got deleted thanks to vista), but are there others?

Thanks in advance.

Checka

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-11-07

Back to top Go down

Win 7 World State time out Empty Re: Win 7 World State time out

Post by Birdskiller 7th November 2011, 20:46

Hello Checka! I was wondering if you are the checka who was in clans like GZ some time ago?

1) About the fact you cant join servers, here are two threads with players having similar problems (ice and dest) :

https://turok.forumactif.com/t339-cannot-connect-to-players
https://turok.forumactif.com/t520-destined-herecant-get-in-the-servers

to sum it up, here are the tips given in these, you have to go to ur router settings :

"YOu should try to open port UDP 2010 in your Router Configuration, this fixes the world-state-error" (bas)
"Ok, I can play now!!!!! Finally. I had to enable UDP & TCP Ports 1 - 10000." (Ice)
"ok i did the dmz, im in" (dest who enabled dmz i guess)

hope it will help Smile

2) You can find turok2 and last crazytrain textures with some screenies on Sebas site :

http://www.turok2.tk/

but you need to use higher turok2 graphic options to make it work.

Birdskiller

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Checka 8th November 2011, 15:16

Birdskiller wrote:Hello Checka! I was wondering if you are the checka who was in clans like GZ some time ago?

Yep, that's me. Haven't played any T2 for several years, but I'm about to change that Smile

I already talked to basber and he told me the same thing, opening 2010 should do the trick, but my umts stick doesn't have an build-in firewall, nor do I use a Router or anything else that might block ports...I mailed my internet-provider, and he told me there is nothing he could do about this port.

Is there a way to change the port used by T2? Otherwise I might only be able to play on Weekends, and ironically I have less time for gaming during the weekend...

Thanks anyways, maybe I'll find a solution, or just change my provider.

Checka

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdskiller 8th November 2011, 23:29

must say i dunno what is a umts stick lol
you can change settings in "configuration" usually (not in build in firewall), like opening some ports, or enable dmz. Not always easy to find where are these functions.
If these functions arent available for you, i cant see any solution... dont think u can change t2 port.

Birdskiller

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Jäger 10th November 2011, 03:33

Hello Checka, welcome back bro! Smile
sorry, can't help u scratch
Jäger
Jäger

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by CHIRAC 10th November 2011, 15:28

hello
i wish you found a solution, some players told me you are very good. i remember the tbbc clan but i wasnt a regular playe at this time.
CHIRAC
CHIRAC
Admin

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2009-02-08

https://turok.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniffa Tha Hud 10th November 2011, 16:34

Birdskiller wrote:must say i dunno what is a umts stick lol
you can change settings in "configuration" usually (not in build in firewall), like opening some ports, or enable dmz. Not always easy to find where are these functions.
If these functions arent available for you, i cant see any solution... dont think u can change t2 port.

What he is trying to use is a mobile wireless usb adaptor for mobile wireless internet the latency from these devices is terrable an usually result in pings from 800 to 2500 there is no ports to fwd his trouble is simply that his latency is just too hi for him to connect even old fashoned 28800 dial up will work better than those devices do sry but it is not meant for gameing at all
Sniffa Tha Hud
Sniffa Tha Hud

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by CHIRAC 10th November 2011, 17:56

i wish you already got your connexion if not read that:

Win 7 World State time out Things-to-Do-When-the-Internet-is-Down3
CHIRAC
CHIRAC
Admin

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2009-02-08

https://turok.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Checka 11th November 2011, 18:43

Sniffa Tha Hud wrote:What he is trying to use is a mobile wireless usb adaptor for mobile wireless internet the latency from these devices is terrable an usually result in pings from 800 to 2500 there is no ports to fwd his trouble is simply that his latency is just too hi for him to connect even old fashoned 28800 dial up will work better than those devices do sry but it is not meant for gameing at all

I actually got a HSDPA Connection in Cologne(I live there during the week, on weekends I'm at my family with a classical 16k dsl), HSDPA is about ~ 1,8 Mbit/s if I recall correctly, which is enough to play other games like BF:Bad Company 2 withour too many ping problems.
It really is a problem with my provider, he told me the port is and will be closed, for whatever reason...At least I can play a few hours during the weekend.

And Thanks CHIRAC for moving this Topic(it was you, wasn't it?) from the wrong section into this help section.

Checka

Back to top Go down

Post by kBg*Basber 12th November 2011, 12:15

I have seen an interesting phenomen lol, yesterday i had the world state error with Version 1.04, then i changed to v1.03 and it was gone. Very weird lol

kBg*Basber

Number of posts : 611
Registration date : 2009-05-15

http://kbg-clan.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by kBg*Basber 28th November 2011, 22:23

It is possible to change the hostport stuff base from 12XXX to another one, the server allows to specify that in a text file in the T2servers folder. But lol that works anyway, the problem is that UDP 2010 thing Sad ..

kBg*Basber

Number of posts : 611
Registration date : 2009-05-15

http://kbg-clan.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down